Wren picture needed for free on-line encyclopedia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wren picture needed for free on-line encyclopedia

My name is Bob DuHamel and I wrote an article on Wikipedia about the Peterson 260SE and Wren 460. For those of you who don't know, Wikipedia is a massive on-line encyclopedia run by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation. I am one of thousands of volunteer contributors. The article about the 260SE and Wren is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peterson_260SE. .

I need a picture to go with the article. The best picture, I think, would be of a Wren, clearly showing the canard, extended or partially-extended flaps and the spoilers. This picture is perfect (except color would be better) but I can't get permission to use it.

If anyone has a suitable picture that they would release for use on Wikipedia it would be greatly appreciated. To be useful for Wikipedia the picture should be released under a free-usage license. Wikipedia prefers the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). If you release the picture under this license:
    • You retain the copyright.
    • Anyone may use the picture for any purpose, commercial or non commercial.
    • You must be given credit for the picture under any circumstances that it is used.

For more information about the GFDL go to http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

If you are uneasy with the "for any purpose" clause in the GFDL you can release it with your own restrictions but non-commercial only is not compatible with Wikipedia.

You can either contact me through this forum or you can e-mail the picture to wrenpicture@amsky.com.

Thank you in advance.

BTW, any contributions/corrections to the article are welcome.

Correction contributions

Bob,

I'm afraid I can't help with the photo. However, I noticed you have the 260se with a cruise speed of 175 KTS. Most 260se's I know of cruise at about 150 KTS . Perhaps you meant 175 MPH. Good luck in your quest for the photo.

George

Comment

Working...
    X